Dots

Discussions regarding LightBurn Software
Joseph Leavell
Laser Machine Make or Type: china laser?
Laser Power: 50W (48 actual?)
Laser Bed Size: 300mmx500mm
Home Position: TL
Control Software: RDWORKS
RDWorks Version: 8.01.52
Ruida Controller: RDC6442
Windows Version: 10

Dots

Post by Joseph Leavell »

Hey there again fellas. I didn't see anything specifically regarding this on LB's website, so I thought I'd ask here. Does anyone know if there's a way to do dots for a duration? I'm trying to find a good way to do the print + cut, and 2 super small dots that go through just outside the workpiece would be ideal for accuracy
Lightburn Admin
Nickname: LBAdmin
Laser Machine Make or Type: Kehui 700x500 (Ruida controller)
Laser Power: 100w
Laser Bed Size: 700 x 500mm
Home Position: TR
RDWorks Version: 8.0.18

Re: Dots

Post by Lightburn Admin »

We don't have a 'dot' type, but it's easy to make it work - draw a short line, where the starting point of the line is where you want the dot. Set that line to 0.1% power, and enable 'cut through' mode with a start delay of 0.1 sec and a power of 50% (or whatever you like). That will start the line with that power level. Just make sure that the optimizer isn't set to allow choosing it's own starting points or running the lines in reverse so you get the correct starting location.

You could actually do both points with a single line by having the line start at one dot and end at the other, using both a start and end delay to punch holes on each end.
Joseph Leavell
Laser Machine Make or Type: china laser?
Laser Power: 50W (48 actual?)
Laser Bed Size: 300mmx500mm
Home Position: TL
Control Software: RDWORKS
RDWorks Version: 8.01.52
Ruida Controller: RDC6442

Re: Dots

Post by Joseph Leavell »

Is there any plan to add a 'dot' feature? It seems almost trivial to just copy the line feature, set it to those defaults you specified, make the length un-changeable and go from there? Obviously I haven't seen source to know exactly how in-depth that'd be, but just curious to make it more stream-lined. LightBurn is super sleek, and it feels like that method is a workaround that's a little janky. If it works it works though, just sharing my 2 cents!

I appreciate the reply and the insight on how to get what I'm trying to do done.

Return to “LightBurn Discussions”