Open source rotational device for laser

Files that you would like to share with other uses. YOU must have permission to post the file from the OWNER of the file.
By posting, you accept responsibility for any Copyright Issues.
Dustin Hawkinson

Re: Open source rotational device for laser

Post by Dustin Hawkinson » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:11 pm

Gene - let us know how it turns out, I'll build one as well when the parts start to arrive. Some of the e-packet shipped stuff from China might delay things.

That video is crazy, it took me way too long to figure out what was happening and how it worked. I was able to figure out about half of what the narrator said allowing youtube to generate subtitles and then auto-translating them to engligh. Is that your video Sergey?
40W (ebay 50W blue wonder), 300mm x 500m, TL
Windows10 RDW 8.01.19
(The member formerly known as astral)
-Dustin

Dustin Hawkinson

Post by Dustin Hawkinson » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:58 pm

Hey Gene, how did you insert these screws? Am I going to need to buy a tap and die and thread it myself? The instructions don't mention anything of the sort.

I have all the pieces except the HDPE support bars. I have the material but haven't figured out a way of cutting/machining it. I am also re-printing all the 3D parts as I type. I had to scale them up to account for ABS shrinkage.
tapScrews.png
tapScrews.png (385.94 KiB) Viewed 159 times

(I WAS IN THE POOL!!!)
40W (ebay 50W blue wonder), 300mm x 500m, TL
Windows10 RDW 8.01.19
(The member formerly known as astral)
-Dustin

Gene Uselman
Nickname: Gene
Laser Machine Make or Type: QC1390
Laser Power: 130W EFR
Laser Bed Size: 36x49
Home Position: TR
RDWorks Version: V8.01.19 LO
Accessories: I have a combining lens, pin tables [homebuilt], honeycomb table [LightObject], wireless remote on the way [crossed fingers]
Windows Version: Win 7 Pro

Post by Gene Uselman » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:05 am

I did indeed- I used a 1/4 x20 to take the same screws as used by the 1010 fittings- as I recall they did not need to be drilled out, but it was fairly tough threading- If you are not familiar with tapping threads... turn in a half turn and then back out a quarter turn to break off the chips and then repeat- a bit of oil is good as well. Gene

Keith Sherwin
Site Admin
Nickname: Keith
Laser Machine Make or Type: POS China
Laser Power: 80
Laser Bed Size: 400 x 600
Home Position: TL
RDWorks Version: V8.01.23
Accessories: Hot dog roller, doHICkey Power Meter, Multi-Lens, High power exhaust, Interior filter soon.
Windows Version: W7 Pro

Post by Keith Sherwin » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:34 am

Use Ivory dish soap. Works well. Dustin, if you want I can bring my impact drill and the tap. When making the last CNC Ihad to do over 300 taps and a friend clued me into how to do it really easy using the harbor freight impact and adapters with the taps.
:idea: Started this forum.
Lead in creation of the RDWorksLab English Manual.
Cheers, :D
Keith