I saw the video of him polishing the mirrors but did not see the measured drop later. The copper mirrors are not expensive but my machine has the stock 20mm mounts still so I guess I am out of luck til I upgrade.
cloudynights.com has a massive build community that do intergerometry at the kitchen table. A massive learning curve and the UV of a laser would make it even harder.
For now, I will just order new molybdenum mirrors. I have cleaned the finish off mine by using acetone instead of alcohol.
If you have made Upgrades and/or Modifications to your machine, let us know about them here.
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:13 pm
- Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
- 40W K40 Analog Dial Style Machine.
- DRV8825 Stepper drivers with GRBL v1.1 on Arduini Uno.
- Redi-rod adjustable bed on aluminum vent grating table.
- 255mm x 300mm with T.L. home.
- Sketchup => Corel Draw x6 => Visicut (linux)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest