xy setup

Frequently Asked Questions
Paul Balkwill

xy setup

Post by Paul Balkwill » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:54 am

Hi can anyone help me please I have a chinese laser engraver kh7050 The problem is that when I try to engrave anything the machine says that "Frame Slope , work paused and when you press enter the panel says that there is not enough space avasible. the laser sits at the top left corner. Please help :?
Chinese Laser model no KH7050 with an 80w tube and a 100w psu
Table Size is 700mm x 500mm
Paul

Gene Uselman
Nickname: Gene
Laser Machine Make or Type: QC1390
Laser Power: 130W EFR
Laser Bed Size: 36x49
Home Position: TR
RDWorks Version: V8.01.19 LO
Accessories: I have a combining lens, pin tables [homebuilt], honeycomb table [LightObject], wireless remote on the way [crossed fingers]
Windows Version: Win 7 Pro

Re: xy setup

Post by Gene Uselman » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:48 am

That warning normally means that part of your graphic is 'out of bounds' on the work table. Is this machine new to you or has this problem just occurred after it has been used and was working normally? I don't know what a kh7050 laser is- if you update your signature and location it will be easier to try to help you. Gene

how to add info to sig http://rdworkslab.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=359

sebastien laforet
Laser Machine Make or Type: bodor BCL0605MU
Laser Power: 100W
Laser Bed Size: 60*50cm
RDWorks Version: 8.01.19
Windows Version: 7

Post by sebastien laforet » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:59 am

big paul wrote:the laser sits at the top left corner
the drawing "frame" is computed from the "origin" point of the machine, which may not be the point where your laser head is actually sitting... the origin point is set when pressing the "origin" button on the LCD. after that, you can move your head using the arrows, if you "start" the job, it will start from the origin set (first moving to the origin, then starting the job)

also, you have to check within rdworks where the "origin" of you drawing is, which is generally up-and-right... and the origin of the machine is generally up-and-right also. in your case, if your machine origin is up-and-left, no wonder that it can't place a drawing with origin up-and-right on the working space...

one quick test would be to move the head to the up-right corner, press "origin" on the LCD and then "frame" to see if the machine wishes to cut and the frame is ok relatively to the cutting-space.
Sébastien Laforet
machine : Bodor BCL-0605 (60x50) with 100W laser with TR origin.
Live in France
Primarily works laser for my wife (school teacher, so lots of boxes, letters, puzzles, ...) and miniature scenery (32mm scale : warmachine, infinity)

Paul Balkwill

Post by Paul Balkwill » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:14 am

many thanks for your reply I have done what you said sending the head to the right hand corner but it crashes into the end of the track at the top right, and then does the frame and stops in the centre of the bed. Im totally lost as to what to do.
Chinese Laser model no KH7050 with an 80w tube and a 100w psu
Table Size is 700mm x 500mm
Paul

Keith Sherwin
Site Admin
Nickname: Keith
Laser Machine Make or Type: POS China
Laser Power: 80
Laser Bed Size: 400 x 600
Home Position: TL
RDWorks Version: V8.01.23
Accessories: Hot dog roller, doHICkey Power Meter, Multi-Lens, High power exhaust, Interior filter soon.
Windows Version: W7 Pro

Post by Keith Sherwin » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:05 am

Paul, There are different machines with different "Home Positions" You had said that yours was "Top LEFT" not Right. So, have your machine go to the top left and press Origin. then after the banging or whatever, move it out and down about 10 mm. Then press Origin again. I am assuming that the object being cut in RDWorks is smaller than your bed by at least 20 mm in each direction. Also that the Green Dot is TOP LEFT. Send the file to the machine or WriteToUFile. Then try again.
:idea: Started this forum.
Lead in creation of the RDWorksLab English Manual.
Cheers, :D
Keith

Gene Uselman
Accessories: I have a combining lens, pin tables [homebuilt], honeycomb table [LightObject], wireless remote on the way [crossed fingers]

Post by Gene Uselman » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:18 am

When I first installed the Ruida DSP it was also crashing as the sensors had never been set- I did not use them on my prior Leetro DSP.
I finally unplugged the connector on the stepper driver that goes to the stepper- so now I could start up without crashing. As I did not have this handy forum, I finally figured out how to turn off the X-Y homing in the User tab and then as I figured things out, laboriously, I adjusted my limit switches and homing worked.

Keith- I wonder if people are misunderstanding that the home position is the corner with the limit switches and not what they set as home in the program?

Keith Sherwin
Site Admin
Nickname: Keith
Laser Machine Make or Type: POS China
Laser Power: 80
Laser Bed Size: 400 x 600
Home Position: TL
RDWorks Version: V8.01.23
Accessories: Hot dog roller, doHICkey Power Meter, Multi-Lens, High power exhaust, Interior filter soon.
Windows Version: W7 Pro

Post by Keith Sherwin » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:37 am

Gene, It seems like Sébastien got confused with his Bodor.
HOME - IS where the limit switches are located. Usually T Left or T Right (TL or TR)

You are right Gene, possibly I should have said to disable the homing but the first time he fires up, it will head to where it has been told home is. He could then disable seeking home, and write it to his machine. So many possibilities that the software can do. Mind you after he gets the home position set as well as his Origin he shouldn't have a problem as long as his limit/homing switches/sensors work properly.
:idea: Started this forum.
Lead in creation of the RDWorksLab English Manual.
Cheers, :D
Keith

Gene Uselman

Post by Gene Uselman » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:57 am

I have had a certain amount of trouble with that ' work properly' thing :twisted: . Gene