LaserCut Version 5.3

A place to discuss other software like PhotoGrav, A-Cad, Aspire, PhotoShop, Vextractor and Corel to name a few.
Preben Hovedskou

Re: LaserCut Version 5.3

Post by Preben Hovedskou » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:53 am

This is a forum for RDWorks users, so I don't think you will find a lot of LaserCut dudes in here.. ;-)
But maybe..?

-Pepsi-
-Pepsi-
50W KH5030 TL (blue/white)
Hot-dog roller type rotary.
RDworks 8.01.19 Win10
Qcad (qcad.org)
15 years experience as service-technician for industrial lasers.
( http://www.bystronic.com )

Gene Uselman
Nickname: Gene
Laser Machine Make or Type: QC1390
Laser Power: 130W EFR
Laser Bed Size: 36x49
Home Position: TR
RDWorks Version: V8.01.19 LO
Accessories: I have a combining lens, pin tables [homebuilt], honeycomb table [LightObject], wireless remote on the way [crossed fingers]
Windows Version: Win 7 Pro

Post by Gene Uselman » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:44 am

Izzy (if I may call you that :D ) the machine I imported had a Leetro DSP which used LaserCut 6.1 and I have used vector programs for many years and own a Sign & Graphic shop. I considered LaserCut so lacking that I spent a couple weeks studying Chinese laser software provided with the different DSP manufacturers and ended up changing to a Ruida DSP that would run RDworks V8 (there are a number of older versions that I consider not as good.
LaserCut works to run the laser. I wanted something that looked/worked more link a conventional vector program and the very important thing was the ability to save settings for different materials and recall them easily so that I could set it up and my other workers could use them. This was important to me as a retired person because I enjoy making money (and spending it on travel). I suspect that most of the people here have never seen LaserCut and I only used it until I was able to get and install a different DSP, so you are welcome here but I think all you will learn here is that RDworks is far superior to LaserCut. Enjoy, Gene

Keith Sherwin
Site Admin
Nickname: Keith
Laser Machine Make or Type: POS China
Laser Power: 80
Laser Bed Size: 400 x 600
Home Position: TL
RDWorks Version: V8.01.23
Accessories: Hot dog roller, doHICkey Power Meter, Multi-Lens, High power exhaust, Interior filter soon.
Windows Version: W7 Pro

Post by Keith Sherwin » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:30 pm

Hi, Welcome to the forum. I hope that even though you are not a RUIDA user, you can derive some useful information from our friendly forum.
Keith
:idea: Started this forum Lead in creation of the RDWorksLab English Manual.
Cheers,
Keith

Scott Marquez

Post by Scott Marquez » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:52 pm

I'm a lasercut 5.3 guy, I do all my design work in a CAD program and save as a DXF. Then import it into lasercut and set up my power and speeds.
I stumbled on to Russ's videos shortly after he started, and have been a fan ever since, that's what led me here.
Scott
Rabbit Laser RL-60-1290, Leetro MPC 6565 controller, Rotary attachment, Corel Draw x6, Bobcad Ver 27/28
Juki-LU 2810-7, Juki 1900 AHS, Juki LU-1508, Juki LH-3188-7, Juki LH 1182, Consew 328RB-1, Consew 227R
Sheffield 530 HC webbing cutter