Nickname: Gene
Laser Machine Make or Type: AKL1318-2
Laser Power: 130W & 80W Reci
Laser Bed Size: 51 x 71
Home Position: TR
Control Software: LIGHTBURN
RDWorks Version: RDw .19 & Lightburn
Ruida Controller: RDC6445
Accessories: I have a combining lenses, pin tables [homebuilt], honeycomb tables , wireless remote, Modifed Ultimate Air Assist, home built non-powered rotary device, Prusa i3 MK3S and Mini Prusa printers.
Windows Version: Win 10 Pro

Info on how to use Rescue/Vendor files

Post by Gene Uselman »

As soon as you have powered up- even before playing with the laser- record these settings in RDworks:

Under the File tab> Vender settings>[password is normally rd8888]>[(or RD8888, HF8888, CC8888, possibly GXFC88]
at the bottom click READ> then save to a location you will remember. this is a .RDVset file.

Under the User settings tab at the right of the page> at the bottom again click Read and Save. This will be a .RDUSet file. [again to somewhere you can find when the crap hits the fan... and the chances are good!

Update for Lightburn software- the 'Vendor files' in RDworks are under the Edit menu and 'Machine Settings'- the contols are very similar to RDworks- you must first Read and then Write after making changes.

Now you can play with your new toy, good luck :D Gene

Edit 7.10.2021-
All the different Ruida controller models I have seen so far use the same Vendor files. The Vendor files can be edited and compared with a free program called Notepad++ [ there is a free download for the Comparison feature] it will then show you which items in each file are different- this can be very useful.

Edit 10.6.21- per the mighty OZ of Lightburn fame-

LightBurn automatically saves a backup for you.

Go to File > Open prefs folder and look for an LBSET file from around the time you changed it. Copy that out onto your desktop, then you can Load that from the machine settings window and Write it back to the controller.
If the Help and advice you received here was of VALUE...
Please consider making a donation to maintain the RDWORKSLAB Forum.

BT48 Alpha Shopbot and 1300x1800 130W Laser

The days that I keep my gratitude higher than
my expectations, Well, I have really good days.

Ray Wylie Hubbard
Ian Bell

Re: Info on how to use Rescue/Vendor files

Post by Ian Bell »

Great advice Gene, and documented to show how - cheers
Nickname: Ian
Laser Machine: Red/Blk Chinese import (Redsail clone ?)
Power: 80w
Bed Size: 500x700mm
Home: TR
RDWorks Version: V8.01.22
Windows Version: 10
Robert Edington
Nickname: RP
Laser Machine Make or Type: 50 Watt Chinese Ebay laser
Laser Power: 50w
Laser Bed Size: 200 x 300
Home Position: TL
RDWorks Version: v8
Accessories: Rotary
Windows Version: 10

Post by Robert Edington »

Gene,
I have a china blue "50" watt laser. It worked well. I only use it to engrave names on the bottoms of bowls I turn on my lathe. It is two years old. Months go by with out it being used. I use Lightburn with it.
I tried to use it a few months ago. The machine powered up and the head initialized. I transferred a file to it from Lightburn. Then nothing would work. I could see the file on top of the file list, but I cold not select it. I could not use the green directional arrows to move down to select a file. It seemed the control panel was halfway burnt out (I keep it unplugged when not in use). I fooled around with it and determined the control panel was out (the buttons would not work). I tried everything I knew to do, and it just wouldn't work.
I ordered a new controller RDC6442 (control panel and controller box that goes inside) from Cloud Ray. Last night I installed all the hardware.
I turned it on for a second and the head took off and ran to the limits and made a noise (belt slipping or motor stalling). I shut it off.
I made copies of the Vendor settings and user settings when I first got the machine.
I don't know the process on how to reprogram the new controller, i.e. how to get the files I saved from my computer to the laser.
Is there somewhere a step by step plan on how to do this?
I'm 69 and I really don't know anything about lasers. I bet I have 5 hrs. of time on my machine. I just do it for fun to sign bowls and cut stuff out for my grand kids.
Thanks for your help.
Gene Uselman
Nickname: Gene
Laser Machine Make or Type: AKL1318-2
Laser Power: 130W & 80W Reci
Laser Bed Size: 51 x 71
Home Position: TR
Control Software: LIGHTBURN
RDWorks Version: RDw .19 & Lightburn
Ruida Controller: RDC6445
Accessories: I have a combining lenses, pin tables [homebuilt], honeycomb tables , wireless remote, Modifed Ultimate Air Assist, home built non-powered rotary device, Prusa i3 MK3S and Mini Prusa printers.
Windows Version: Win 10 Pro

Post by Gene Uselman »

In lightburn go to Edit; Machine settings; read at the bottom and then Load will enable you to guide the software to where you have your old file stored- after it is selected you can load that file and it will take the place of the file that normally comes on new controllers. The machine files is stored on the controller explains why you lost it. Gene

This from the mighty OZ may help-

LightBurn automatically saves a backup for you.

Go to File > Open prefs folder and look for an LBSET file from around the time you changed it. Copy that out onto your desktop, then you can Load that from the machine settings window and Write it back to the controller.
If the Help and advice you received here was of VALUE...
Please consider making a donation to maintain the RDWORKSLAB Forum.

BT48 Alpha Shopbot and 1300x1800 130W Laser

The days that I keep my gratitude higher than
my expectations, Well, I have really good days.

Ray Wylie Hubbard

Return to “System Setting RESCUE Files - Vendor Setting”