Laser Machine Make or Type: Perfect Laser
Laser Power: 100W
Laser Bed Size: 64"x102"
Home Position: TR
RDWorks Version: 8.00.27
Windows Version: 10

Cutting Items Larger than Table w/ Auto Feed

Post by Alex Thomas »

I just got a new Perfect Laser cutter that is 64"x102" with auto feed table and additional fabric roller on the back end. My patterns for the fabric are longer than the 102 inches and i figured there would be way to cut what was on the table > table moves forward pulling more fabric on to it > then finishing the cut as needed.

I have not been able to figure this out in RDWorks to get it to work. I have gotten "enable feeding" to work but that just moves the table to cut another piece the exact same and does not continue the cut.

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated!!
Doug Fisher
Laser Machine Make or Type: Ke Hui KH-7050
Laser Power: 80W EFR F2
Laser Bed Size: 700x500
Control Software: LIGHTBURN
RDWorks Version: v8.01.18 & 8.01.33
Ruida Controller: RDC6442
Accessories: Ruida RDC6442G EC controller, 2" lens, S&A CW5000 chiller, chuck type of rotary attachment, Russ' DoHickey (sp?), mA meter, a growing collection of tools and oddities to keep it running!

Re: Cutting Items Larger than Table w/ Auto Feed

Post by Doug Fisher »

Did you contact Perfect Laser who is the equipment vendor? They should know best how to operate what they sell.

Please post back here when you figure out the solution!
Alex Thomas
Nickname: atrane21
Laser Machine Make or Type: Perfect Laser
Laser Power: 100W
Laser Bed Size: 64"x102"
RDWorks Version: 8.00.27

Post by Alex Thomas »

So i figured this out on my own and really the biggest issue was having an older version of RDWorks. I upgraded to the newest version and saw some new options.

Options to check:
1. Output tab > Partition for over range checked > i set the distance box above to the size of my table so it does a full feed.
2. User tab > Auxiliary radio button > Feeding Para > Progressive feeding > Yes (Make sure this is set or your table will not feed even if option 1 is done)

The one issue i'm still having though is when the table feeds the whole way and it continues the cut the lines are off by about 1/4" and doesn't complete the cut. This cut is consistently 1/4" off in the same direction and spot. However, when the table only feeds enough to finish the last cut (small movement and not the whole table) that same cut finishes just fine with clean cut lines that match up.
Rajiv Varshney
Laser Machine Make or Type: AmorLaser 1630
Laser Power: 150W
Laser Bed Size: 1600mm x 3000mm
Control Software: RDWORKS
RDWorks Version: v8.01.54
Ruida Controller: RDC6445

Post by Rajiv Varshney »

Hi Alex,

I followed the advice of my machine manufacturer. They also requested I use the partition for over range checkbox. On my version of RDWorks 8.01.54, there is a frame height box to fill in. I used the machine manufacturer's advice of 2990mm. That makes sense as my conveyor bed is 3000mm.

The machine will feed, but the cutting seems to be in small 10mm strips along the intended cut path. I wonder if I have the correct vendor setting for the U axis. The breadth setting of 2mm seems suspect. For the other axes, this is (X)1600 and (Y)3000. Those make sense.

I have attached a screenshot of the U axis vendor settings. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of yours?

Here is mine:
U Axis Vendor Settings.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doug Fisher
Laser Machine Make or Type: Ke Hui KH-7050
Laser Power: 80W EFR F2
Laser Bed Size: 700x500
Control Software: LIGHTBURN
RDWorks Version: v8.01.18 & 8.01.33
Ruida Controller: RDC6442
Accessories: Ruida RDC6442G EC controller, 2" lens, S&A CW5000 chiller, chuck type of rotary attachment, Russ' DoHickey (sp?), mA meter, a growing collection of tools and oddities to keep it running!

Post by Doug Fisher »

FWIW, for my machine with a 700mm x 500mm bed, it has 700 in that box.

Return to “RDWorks Software”