K40 upgrade

If you have made Upgrades and/or Modifications to your machine, let us know about them here.
Etienne Marcel
Nickname: papbo
Laser Machine Make or Type: k40 modified
Laser Power: 40W
Laser Bed Size: 220cmx330cm
Home Position: TL
Control Software: RDWORKS
RDWorks Version: V8.01.60
Ruida Controller: RDC6445
Windows Version: W11

K40 upgrade

Post by Etienne Marcel »

Hello,
A couple of year ago I have purchased a K40 laser machine with a m2nano board controller.
Now I have installed a Ruida 6445S controller and Leadshine DM542 stepper motor driver.
From the origine machine, I have keep the X and Y motors and mechanics axis .
After rewiring the machine, it is time to start the tests and the problems start.
I am using RDworks to communicate with the Ruida controller.
At the power On, X and Y axis are going to the home position located on Top Left, the limit switches are recognized and the axis stop.
If I try to move the axis with the arrows keyboard on the panel or with the RDworks software , the motors start to grunt.
I can change settings on the ruida panel or in the Reworks vendors settings and save them both way without problems, however if I change the X and/or Y home offset on the Ruida panel and press the write button, and if I read the vendor settings with RDworks, the home offset change is not loaded in RDworks. On the other hand, if I change the home offset in the Reworks and write the change , the home offset is not changed in the Ruida panel.
If I applied an home offset , for example 5mm, when the homing is completed, the axis try to go away from the limit switches and start vibrate strongly.
I will really appreciate a vendor settings parameters for a K40 laser engine modified with a Ruida 6445S panel.
Regards
Etienne

Return to “Upgrades and Modifications”