Nickname: Gene
Laser Machine Make or Type: AKL1318-2
Laser Power: 130W & 80W Reci
Laser Bed Size: 51 x 71
Home Position: TR
Control Software: LIGHTBURN
RDWorks Version: RDw .19 & Lightburn
Ruida Controller: RDC6445
Accessories: I have a combining lenses, pin tables [homebuilt], honeycomb tables , wireless remote, Modifed Ultimate Air Assist, home built non-powered rotary device, Prusa i3 MK3S and Mini Prusa printers.
Windows Version: Win 10 Pro

Laser cutting heads, nozzles and extensions- hardware

Post by Gene Uselman »

Post by Gene Uselman » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:07 am

I have been accumulating tubes and nozzles in the hope of being able to have a dedicated tube for 2" and 2.5" lenses with nozzles to work with each-easy exchange in other words. I have also always questioned my laser head as when I installed the Ruida dsp, my limit switches were not adjusted and I *really* crashed at high speed. So this is what I have so far- may be of interest to someone. First pict is the head on my machine, second it a tube I bought from china and a complete head assembly, also from the Chicoms. The 3 tubes are all slightly different diameters, so none will interchange. The nozzles and extensions [ .433" or 11mm] all have the same threads, so they will interchange and by using one extension on my present nozzle I will be able to use the 2.5" lens I have lately received. I can provide more info on sizes and where purchased if anyone wants it. Gene

Small [bad] pict is my nozzle after cutting a lot of wood- hard to measure focus
Tubes, nozzles, extensions.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If the Help and advice you received here was of VALUE...
Please consider making a donation to maintain the RDWORKSLAB Forum.

BT48 Alpha Shopbot and 1300x1800 130W Laser

The days that I keep my gratitude higher than
my expectations, Well, I have really good days.

Ray Wylie Hubbard
Gene Uselman
Nickname: Gene
Laser Machine Make or Type: AKL1318-2
Laser Power: 130W & 80W Reci
Laser Bed Size: 51 x 71
Control Software: LIGHTBURN
RDWorks Version: RDw .19 & Lightburn
Ruida Controller: RDC6445
Accessories: I have a combining lenses, pin tables [homebuilt], honeycomb tables , wireless remote, Modifed Ultimate Air Assist, home built non-powered rotary device, Prusa i3 MK3S and Mini Prusa printers.
Windows Version: Win 10 Pro

Laser head and nozzle info

Post by Gene Uselman »

Post by Gene Uselman » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:40 pm [EDIT FROM TWO POSTS BY GDU]-

A month or so ago I was talking with someone (Dustin? ) about laser heads / tubes / nozzles / extensions and particularly this one from aliexpress. Being the adventurer that I would like to be :D I ordered one, advertised at 25mm tube- which is very close to the tube in my large machine- but about a half mm larger as it turns out. Nothing ventured, ya'know how that goes. Anyway the tube is threaded at both ends for the lens (and it turns out mine is too- have taken it out countless time in the last year) and the threads are the same on both tubes so I can use my old tube. The upper position is about 100mm or 5inches so I am not sure how useful that will be. Anyway- we know more now, right? Gene

BTW this is available with at 21mm tube as well
Laser tube- nozzle.jpg

A BETTER SOURCE MAY BE CLOUDRAY.COM- GDU

ANSWER TO QUESTION----------

Re: Laser head and nozzle info

Post by Gene Uselman » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:33 am

The tube is 3.625- that is without the nozzle or extensions which add about 3/8" each. The nozzle (less threads) is 1.25". Gene
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If the Help and advice you received here was of VALUE...
Please consider making a donation to maintain the RDWORKSLAB Forum.

BT48 Alpha Shopbot and 1300x1800 130W Laser

The days that I keep my gratitude higher than
my expectations, Well, I have really good days.

Ray Wylie Hubbard
Colin Bousfield
Nickname: colin
Laser Machine Make or Type: voiren 1390
Laser Power: 100w
Laser Bed Size: 1300x900mm
RDWorks Version: v8.01.18
Accessories: I purchased a base unit - came complete with air pump, blower fan and water cooler - will be purchasing a rotating unit shortly
Windows Version: 7

Re: Laser cutting heads, nozzles and extensions- hardware

Post by Colin Bousfield »

I also bought a second tube with the idea of having a second ready to go lens. Tube fits etc but I found the lens is ever so slightly off. so I have to align mirror 3 to use the different tube. Works

Return to “Cutting Head and Lens”