BE CAREFUL

If you have made Upgrades and/or Modifications to your machine, let us know about them here.
Joop van Dam

Re: BE CAREFUL

Postby Joop van Dam » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:29 pm

I had the same problem in 2015, only 10 minutes away and the laser is a total loss.
Fortunately I was insured and I was able to buy a new one.
But this lesson was very loud and could end very badly.
Put the laser always off if you are not in sight of the machine.
Install a smoke detector above the machine, over heating can cause fire when your gone for just 1 minute.
50W 50x30 bleu/white China laser with 2" and 1,5" FL lens
V8.01.11 RDworks on Win 10 pro
Z table by hand
Coreldraw X6
Joop

Doug Fisher

Re: BE CAREFUL

Postby Doug Fisher » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:49 pm

Thanks for the reminder. I meant to get one ordered before the year end to put on the 2016 deductions but forgot! FWIW, this is the most reasonably priced Halotron unit with a wall bracket that I have found.

This link is to the page where Amazon is selling it directly and offers prime shipping BUT it is currently out of stock. No affiliation, just trying to save others time searching.

https://www.amazon.com/Buckeye-70258-Ha ... merReviews

Here is the next best listing I found with the item listed as actually in stock through Zorro with free shipping on ebay (you can buy direct from the Zoro site for the same price but I like the buyer protection of ebay+PayPal). Again, I have no affiliation so do your homework before buying!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BUCKEYE-70258-F ... SwmLlX-YAF
80 Watt 700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser (Similar to the Red Sail),T.R.
LaSea/EFR F2 Series laser tube, RuiDa RDC6442G EC controller, 2" lens, RDWorks v8.01.18, CW 5000 chiller, Chuck type of rotary attachment
Doug

Return to “Upgrades and Modifications”