Charles Jones
Laser Machine Make or Type: GWeike LC1390N & LC1530D
Laser Power: 100W
Laser Bed Size: 1300x900 & 3050x1525
Home Position: TR
Control Software: RDWORKS
RDWorks Version: 8.01.10
Ruida Controller: RDC6442
Accessories: Rotary Chuck, Rotary Spindle, Custom Aluminum Flatness Table for Sheet Goods, Custom Vacuum Flatness Table for Thin Sheet Goods.
Windows Version: 10

VERY large bed laser

Post by Charles Jones »

I just finished moving my new flatbed laser down to the shop. It's a GWEIKE LC1530D model. 1.5 x 3.0 meter cut area. It has a RECI W6 tube. Haven't turned it on yet, but excited to fire it up and start cutting some plywood!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gene Uselman
Nickname: Gene
Laser Machine Make or Type: AKL1318-2
Laser Power: 130W & 80W Reci
Laser Bed Size: 51 x 71
Control Software: LIGHTBURN
RDWorks Version: RDw .19 & Lightburn
Ruida Controller: RDC6445
Accessories: I have a combining lenses, pin tables [homebuilt], honeycomb tables , wireless remote, Modifed Ultimate Air Assist, home built non-powered rotary device, Prusa i3 MK3S and Mini Prusa printers.
Windows Version: Win 10 Pro

Re: VERY large bed laser

Post by Gene Uselman »

Do you have fire yet Charles? I am interested in how it works for you. The exhaust must be from under the bed, is the bed blades or a honeycomb material. Thanks Gene
If the Help and advice you received here was of VALUE...
Please consider making a donation to maintain the RDWORKSLAB Forum.

BT48 Alpha Shopbot and 1300x1800 130W Laser

The days that I keep my gratitude higher than
my expectations, Well, I have really good days.

Ray Wylie Hubbard
Charles Jones
Laser Machine Make or Type: GWeike LC1390N & LC1530D
Laser Power: 100W
Laser Bed Size: 1300x900 & 3050x1525
Control Software: RDWORKS
RDWorks Version: 8.01.10
Ruida Controller: RDC6442
Accessories: Rotary Chuck, Rotary Spindle, Custom Aluminum Flatness Table for Sheet Goods, Custom Vacuum Flatness Table for Thin Sheet Goods.
Windows Version: 10

Post by Charles Jones »

I have been on the VERY slow road to getting this machine set up. Anyway, I have finally set everything up and cut some plywood. It works fairly well and is quite accurate. The exhaust is from under the bed and the machine was equipped with a blade type bed with a removeable honeycomb bed installed above. Knowing what I know now, I would rather not have paid for the honeycomb. There isn't enough clearance between the blades and the gantry to actually hold the honeycomb and a piece of stock. Live and learn. HOWEVER, I am getting the same result as a honeycomb table by stretching 1/4" steel hardware cloth over the blades. The blades are easy to level/flatten and the hardware cloth provides the extra support to keep small parts from falling through. Why not allow small parts to fall through? because of the aforementioned exhaust. I am using the exhaust fans to provide a small amount of suction from below. Its enough to flatten large sheets of 1/4" plywood, although not enough to flatten 1/2" sheets. If I allowed small parts to fall through, I would quickly loose suction.

In other news, the machine was originally specified as having 1500 x 3000 mm capacity. However, I was able to plus that up to a full 5' x 10' (1525 x 3050mm) This gave me a little bit more wiggle room to load oversized pieces of plywood or the 10' planks I cut that justified this machine in the first place.

Overall I am very pleased with the GWeike build quality. It is the second machine I have purchased from them (The first being an LC1390N.) Both machines required a lot of TLC and setup, but have been solid performers. Are they comparable to a Trotec or Kern system? Not in terms of out of the box handling, but when I consider the relative bargain price for these machines, the extra work I put in is well worth it.
Gene Uselman
Nickname: Gene
Laser Machine Make or Type: AKL1318-2
Laser Power: 130W & 80W Reci
Laser Bed Size: 51 x 71
Control Software: LIGHTBURN
RDWorks Version: RDw .19 & Lightburn
Ruida Controller: RDC6445
Accessories: I have a combining lenses, pin tables [homebuilt], honeycomb tables , wireless remote, Modifed Ultimate Air Assist, home built non-powered rotary device, Prusa i3 MK3S and Mini Prusa printers.
Windows Version: Win 10 Pro

Post by Gene Uselman »

Is your blade bed parallel with the gantry over the whole bed? I ended up making a lockout for one side so that I can level it left to right [on a cabinet model] as well as manually front to back. It actually works well. Also I have a lot of problems with aligning the #2 mirror in all four quadrants- still have not solved that completely. The larger the bed, the larger the problems I have found. Gene
If the Help and advice you received here was of VALUE...
Please consider making a donation to maintain the RDWORKSLAB Forum.

BT48 Alpha Shopbot and 1300x1800 130W Laser

The days that I keep my gratitude higher than
my expectations, Well, I have really good days.

Ray Wylie Hubbard

Return to “Large Format Cabinet Lasers”