LaserCut Version 5.3

A place to discuss other software like PhotoGrav, A-Cad, Aspire, PhotoShop, Vextractor and Corel to name a few.
Preben Hovedskou

Re: LaserCut Version 5.3

Postby Preben Hovedskou » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:53 am

This is a forum for RDWorks users, so I don't think you will find a lot of LaserCut dudes in here.. ;-)
But maybe..?

-Pepsi-
Preben
50W KH5030 TL (blue/white)
RDworks 8.01.19 Win10
Qcad (qcad.org)
15 years experience as service-technician for industrial lasers.
( http://www.bystronic.com )

Gene Uselman

Postby Gene Uselman » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:44 am

Izzy (if I may call you that :D ) the machine I imported had a Leetro DSP which used LaserCut 6.1 and I have used vector programs for many years and own a Sign & Graphic shop. I considered LaserCut so lacking that I spent a couple weeks studying Chinese laser software provided with the different DSP manufacturers and ended up changing to a Ruida DSP that would run RDworks V8 (there are a number of older versions that I consider not as good.
LaserCut works to run the laser. I wanted something that looked/worked more link a conventional vector program and the very important thing was the ability to save settings for different materials and recall them easily so that I could set it up and my other workers could use them. This was important to me as a retired person because I enjoy making money (and spending it on travel). I suspect that most of the people here have never seen LaserCut and I only used it until I was able to get and install a different DSP, so you are welcome here but I think all you will learn here is that RDworks is far superior to LaserCut. Enjoy, Gene
Gene- 130W 1300x900 China Laser with 2" FL lens
V8.01.19 RDWorks on Win 7 pro
500mm Z, blade table machine home is upper right.

100W Reci tube in a Bodor BCL0605MU V8.01.19
600x500x 200Z, SS table, 2" FL- mach home upper right
Vectric Aspire software- FlexiSignPro- vector/bitmap

Keith Sherwin
Site Admin

Postby Keith Sherwin » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:30 pm

Hi, Welcome to the forum. I hope that even though you are not a RUIDA user, you can derive some useful information from our friendly forum.
Keith
69 Real (80)Watt Laser w/multi FL lenses. T.L.
Made 5 CNC's, Electronics, Electrical, PLC & Computer background.
:idea: Started this forum - Using RDWorks V8.01.21 on W7 Pro
Lead in creation of the RDWorksLab English Manual.
Crazy Uncle Keith!

Return to “Other Software”