Acrylic Adapter needed for Russ's Adjustable Head Bracket

Items from Russ Sadler's You Tube Series. Index of Videos, FILES, etc. And now, additionally, the Think Laser Series. Russ Sadler’s Engineered Modifications and Designs
Subforums: FILES & INDEX from RD Works Learning Lab , thinklaser Adventures , Links to RD Works Learning Lab Videos
Andrew Parry
Nickname: andyspoo
Laser Machine Make or Type: Chinese Red/Black
Laser Power: 60w
Laser Bed Size: 730mm x 600mm
Home Position: TR
RDWorks Version: V8.01.44-191015
Windows Version: Windows 10

Acrylic Adapter needed for Russ's Adjustable Head Bracket

Post by Andrew Parry »

Can anyone supply the file for the adapter that is used for the China Red/Black lasers that don't have a C-series head please?
I bought mine before they started shipping it with the adapter and before the price went down!
It's need sitting here for a while and haven't got around to installing it yet.

What thickness of Acrylic do I need (in mm)?

Thanks,

Andy
Gene Uselman
Nickname: Gene
Laser Machine Make or Type: AKL1318-2
Laser Power: 130W & 80W Reci
Laser Bed Size: 51 x 71
Control Software: LIGHTBURN
RDWorks Version: RDw .19 & Lightburn
Ruida Controller: RDC6445
Accessories: I have a combining lenses, pin tables [homebuilt], honeycomb tables , wireless remote, Modifed Ultimate Air Assist, home built non-powered rotary device, Prusa i3 MK3S and Mini Prusa printers.
Windows Version: Win 10 Pro

Re: Acrylic Adapter needed for Russ's Adjustable Head Bracket

Post by Gene Uselman »

Good morning again Andrew... we should have a telephone hotline this morning? I bought the adj head bracket from Cloudray that I think you are talking about, knowing that the heads on my machine are much larger than any of the laser heads on Cloudray. I built an adapter from a couple thicknesses of acrylic and as it is so small, it is very rigid. I can post if if it will help but I have never seen laser heads this large. Gene
If the Help and advice you received here was of VALUE...
Please consider making a donation to maintain the RDWORKSLAB Forum.

BT48 Alpha Shopbot and 1300x1800 130W Laser

The days that I keep my gratitude higher than
my expectations, Well, I have really good days.

Ray Wylie Hubbard
Andrew Parry
Nickname: andyspoo
Laser Machine Make or Type: Chinese Red/Black
Laser Power: 60w
Laser Bed Size: 730mm x 600mm
RDWorks Version: V8.01.44-191015
Windows Version: Windows 10

Re: Acrylic Adapter needed for Russ's Adjustable Head Bracket

Post by Andrew Parry »

It sounds like it'll be a different version to the one I need. These red/black Chinese lasers (or at least mine) has a smaller linear bearing than the one the bracket is designed for. I know Russ has the files for it. I was just hoping it was on this site somewhere.
Gene Uselman wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:27 am Good morning again Andrew... we should have a telephone hotline this morning? I bought the adj head bracket from Cloudray that I think you are talking about, knowing that the heads on my machine are much larger than any of the laser heads on Cloudray. I built an adapter from a couple thicknesses of acrylic and as it is so small, it is very rigid. I can post if if it will help but I have never seen laser heads this large. Gene

Return to “Russ Sadler's Adventures”