Lets focus on Lens - Russ Sadler

Items from Russ Sadler's You Tube Series. Index of Videos, FILES, etc. And now, additionally, the Think Laser Series. Russ Sadler’s Engineered Modifications and Designs
Subforums: FILES & INDEX from RD Works Learning Lab , thinklaser Adventures , Links to RD Works Learning Lab Videos
Pete Cyr
Laser Machine Make or Type: Boss 1630
Laser Power: 100w
Laser Bed Size: 16"x30"
Home Position: TR
Control Software: RDWORKS
RDWorks Version: v8.01.18
Ruida Controller: RDC6442
Accessories: roller rotary attachment
Windows Version: Win 10

Re: Lets focus on Lens - Russ Sadler

Post by Pete Cyr »

Gene Uselman wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:57 am Thank you- I actually use Fusion 360 for design- I should be able to modify it with Meshmixer to get the shorter extensions that I am thinking of. I find that getting the nozzle closer to the material you are cutting works way better.
I have solidworks if it becomes necessary.
Location - VA
Equipment - Boss Laser 1630
Power - 100W
Laser Bed Size - 16" x 30"
Home Position - TR
Full RDWorks Version - v8.01.18
First name - Pete
Stefano Noto
Nickname: Conundrum
Laser Machine Make or Type: Universal
Laser Power: 120
Laser Bed Size: 48 x 24
Home Position: TR
Control Software: LIGHTBURN
RDWorks Version: 1.18
Ruida Controller: Other
Accessories: Rotary, gas assist, multiple lens configurations. Particulate and vapor-phase filtration. If this is only for users of RDworks, then I apologize.
Windows Version: 10

Re: Lets focus on Lens - Russ Sadler

Post by Stefano Noto »

Philipp Pap wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:42 am Is it ok to make a focus extender with a 3d printer with petg? I don't know how hot the lens gets, but with 3% power costing at 50Watt 1,5Watt would get converted to heat, but there is an air assist cooling, what do you think? (The lenses will arrive in a month)
IMG_20210122_103704.jpg
I've used PETG for high pressure cones for a while. The only caveats are:
1. DO NOT let the beam hit the metal tip. It will heat up and melt the cone and disaster will ensue.
2. You might try plugging the output with your finger and see if the material walls are leaky. Sometimes 3D prints are not air-tight and air permeates through the walls. If that happens, a coating of spray paint will usually take care of it.

Return to “Russ Sadler's Adventures”